Practicing law as a woman of color can be stressful. Women attorneys face a distinctive set of challenges in their professional lives, navigating the demands of a high-stress career while often balancing personal and family responsibilities.
Corporate Counsel Women of Color (CCWC) recognizes the importance of mental health and wellness in sustaining a successful and fulfilling career. Our mission is to support our members in any way we can.
To that end, we’ve compiled a list of resources specifically chosen to support women in the legal profession. These resources range from professional associations and wellness apps to online forums and educational workshops, offering comprehensive support to address the unique needs of women attorneys.
- Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs (CoLAP) – Offers various resources, including mental health support for legal professionals.
- Lawyers With Depression – A website dedicated to lawyers dealing with depression, offering resources, articles, and personal stories.
- Talkspace – An online therapy platform that offers convenience for busy professionals.
- Headspace – A meditation app that can help reduce stress and improve overall well-being.
- Calm – Offers meditation, sleep assistance and relaxation techniques.
- BetterHelp – An online platform providing access to licensed therapists for one-on-one counseling.
- Lawyers Depression Project – An anonymous online support group for lawyers, law students, and judges facing depression and other mental health challenges.
- Reddit – r/Lawyertalk – A subreddit that sometimes discusses mental health and the pressures of the legal profession. Participation requires verification.
- Mindfulness in Law Society – Offers mindfulness practices and training for legal professionals.
- Beyond Yoga for Lawyers – Workshops and classes designed to reduce stress and enhance well-being through yoga.
- “The Anxious Lawyer: An 8-Week Guide to a Joyful and Satisfying Law Practice Through Mindfulness and Meditation“ by Jeena Cho – A practical guide to creating a more balanced and fulfilling law practice.
- “Stress Management for Lawyers: How to Increase Personal & Professional Satisfaction in the Law“ by Amiram Elwork, Ph.D. – Offers strategies for managing stress specifically tailored for legal professionals.
- Lawyer Assistance Programs (LAPs) by state – Many states have their own LAPs offering confidential mental health services, including counseling and support groups.
About Corporate Counsel Women of Color
At Corporate Counsel Women of Color, our mission is to help women of color thrive in the legal profession. Join our network of over 5,000 women lawyers to build professional relationships and get access to career growth strategies.
Copyright of Corporate Counsel Women of Color®. All Rights Reserved. To License the Use of this Article, contact email@example.com