Student Jobs & Blogs
Corporate Counsel Women of Color® is committed to building a pipeline of diverse lawyers. Through the web portal, law students can learn strategies on how to maximize their experience while in law school, prepare for the bar, pass the bar, and successfully enter and remain in the legal profession.
- Building a Strong Resume – https://www.onlinemba.com/resources/resume-guide/
- Finding Your Recruiter – https://www.onlinemba.com/resources/working-with-recruiters/
- Network Your Way into a Job – https://www.onlinemba.com/resources/professional-networking/
Advice to Law Students
- 178 Ways to get someone else to pay for law school: The Big List of Criminal Justice and Law Scholarships
- How to Pursue a Career as a Lawyer in the Entertainment Business
The CCWC Career Strategies Challenge
My Life as a Lawyer Scholarship
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Application Link: Click Here
Summer Intern 2020 Information
Come be our summer intern! Corporate Counsel Women of Color® (CCWC) is a not-for-profit organization of over 4,500 in-house women attorneys of color in the United States, as well as Canada, Asia, Africa, and Europe.
CCWC is seeking a student who has completed one or two years of law school for a paid summer job. This intern will support and report directly to the Founder and CEO of CCWC, who is also a VP and Associate General Counsel of a Fortune 500 company.
- The responsibilities of this role include:
- Legal research and writing;
- COVID-19 legal analysis;
- Contract review;
- Assistance on projects involving non-profit law, compliance, privacy, sweepstakes and contests, intellectual property, and more.
Qualities in a candidate that would make a great fit include attention to detail, a self-starting personality, follow-through, curiosity, an interest in a future career as an in-house attorney, and a passion for diversity in the legal profession.
This intern will work remotely for the company, so your location can be anywhere as long as your working hours are compatible with East Coast Standard Time. The duration of your internship will be nine weeks, between June 1, 2020 and August 1, 2020. Hours will average approximately 35 per week. The total compensation for the nine-week internship is $5,000.00 (this amount is subject to applicable tax deductions and withholdings).
How to Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, writing sample, and law school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “CCWC Internship 2020” in the subject line.
Celebrating 16 Years of Diversity in the Law
Corporate Counsel Women of Color
Radio City Station
P.O. Box 2095
New York, NY 10101-2095