It doesn’t take long for your electronic devices to become cluttered with files, software and apps that you no longer use. Unnecessary files can make your computer run slower and decrease its efficiency throughout the day.
Spring is a great time to declutter your computer and get rid of outdated files. Not sure where to start? Here is a quick spring cleaning guide you can use to declutter your computer.
- Update your computer’s login PIN or password.
- Remove unused apps and downloads.
- Archive/Delete old files.
- Install updates of the latest version of your software.
- Clear your web browser and cache.
- Remove web browsers that you don’t use.
- Back up data on your computer.
- Empty your computer’s trash bin.
- Disinfect your computer’s keyboard and screen.
- Merge files that you want to keep into a cloud storage system (GoogleDrive, OneDrive, DropBox, iCloud, etc.)
- Mark your calendar for weekly computer cleanups and maintenance.
- Use a duster to remove particles from your keyboard.
- Secure your router by changing its password.
- Store all passwords in a safe place.
- Clean out your email inbox.
- Create a file storage system for your email accounts.
- Unsubscribe to newsletters and email alerts that you no longer read.
- Delete/archive old financial data.
- Use real names for your computer files.
- Place your most-used apps in the taskbar.
- Purge your downloads immediately after you’re finished using them.
About Corporate Counsel Women of Color
At Corporate Counsel Women of Color, our mission is to help women of color thrive in the legal profession. Join our network of over 4,500 women attorneys to build professional relationships and get access to career growth strategies.
© Copyright of Corporate Counsel Women of Color®. All Rights Reserved. To License the Use of this Article, contact email@example.com