Breaking news!!! The internet is here to stay. But seriously, if you aren’t using the internet to promote your business, you are leaving money on the table.
In 2021, there was a record number of internet users – 5,168,780,607 – throughout the world. While the internet continues to expand its capabilities, it will attract more users looking for products and services.
Consider the following internet business statistics.
- 55% of people will seek out reviews and recommendations on the internet before making a purchase.
- One-third of customers return to websites that they have purchased from in the past.
- 59% of Millennials check out products on Amazon before going to other e-Commerce sites.
- 71% of people think they will receive a better deal online even if a product or service isn’t on sale.
- Sales from e-Commerce platforms exceeded $3.5 billion last year.
What do these facts and figures mean for your business? As a woman of color business owner, you must use as many tools as possible to get your business noticed by potential customers. These include an SEO-optimized business website, social media pages and a business profile on online directories such as Google My Business, Apple Maps and Yelp.
Ready to get your business found on the internet? Check out these four internet marketing resources to help your business grow and attract new customers.
1. Google PageSpeed Insights
Customers who shop for products and services online are in a hurry. They want what they want – and they want it now.
The average time visitors spend on a web page is 54 seconds. That means your site has less than a minute to prove to customers that they should learn more about your business.
Regardless of what your site looks like, customers will abandon it quickly if the pages load slowly. That’s why it is essential to optimize your website’s page loading speed.
Google PageSpeed Insights is a free tool that allows you to check your page speed. The only thing you have to do is enter a web page URL.
Learn more about Google PageSpeed Insights at https://pagespeed.web.dev/ .
2. HubSpot Business and Internet Marketing Resources
With more than 143,000 customers throughout the world, HubSpot has made internet marketing tools more accessible to small business owners. This company provides marketing solutions for web analytics, social media marketing, search engine optimization, landing pages, customer support and more.
On this site, you’ll find several types of internet marketing guides and resources. Titles include:
- Website Grader
- A Beginner’s Guide to Social Media – Workbook
- Social Media Content Calendar
- Instagram for Business
- Blog Post Templates
- eBook Templates
- Marketing Plan Templates
- The Marketer’s Guide to Tik Tok for Business
Learn more about HubSpot at https://blog.hubspot.com/ .
Building a strong brand requires you to create attention-grabbing content across a variety of internet platforms. Canva is a graphic design platform that features customizable templates that you can use in your business.
Available templates include:
- Marketing Posters and Flyers
- YouTube Intros
- Photo Books
- Business Cards
- Business Post Cards
- Social Media Posts and Banners
Learn more about Canva’s free and paid plans at https://www.canva.com/ .
4. Google My Business
Google has an efficient search engine that billions of people throughout the world trust. In fact, its search engine processes more than 5.4 billion searches per day. Getting your business found on Google can lead to increased site visits and revenue.
To boost your online visibility on Google, create a Google My Business account and a Google business profile. These tools will enable you to:
- Claim ownership of your business on Google.
- Receive Google reviews.
- Enable direct messaging.
- Answer questions about your business that appear on the Google page.
- Share your business hours, phone numbers and location.
- Place a link to your website on the Google profile.
This list represents a fraction of resources that are available to boost your company’s internet presence. Select the resources that work for you to build a local, national or global brand.
Learn more about Google My Business at https://www.google.com/business/ .
About Corporate Counsel Women of Color
At Corporate Counsel Women of Color, our mission is to help women of color thrive in the legal profession. Join our network of over 4,500 women attorneys to build professional relationships and get access to career growth strategies.
© Copyright of Corporate Counsel Women of Color®. All Rights Reserved. To License the Use of this Article, contact email@example.com