October is National Retirement Security Month. Are you doing everything in your power to maximize savings for your golden years? If not, it is not too early (or too late) to increase your savings.
Planning for the lifestyle you want after retirement requires commitment, discipline and money. Since the average American spends 20 years in retirement, your golden years may require more money than you realize.
Retirement planning tools can help you manage your investments and determine if you are on the road to a comfortable retirement. Below are 5 tools to help you plan for the retirement that you deserve.
1. Bettermint’s Retirement Savings Calculator
What does this app do? The Bettermint’s Retirement Savings Calculator helps users develop a retirement plan and figure out how much money to save.
- Notifications About External Accounts
- Expert Financial Guidance and Advice
- Automated Tax-Savings Tools
- Options for Automatic Savings
- Calculates Savings Requirements Based on Zip Code, Retirement Age and Social Security
2. Personal Capital Retirement Planner
What does this planner do? The Personal Capital Retirement Planner helps users track their long-term financial planning needs and manage their money.
3. Fidelity Financial Health Assessment
What is the purpose of this tool? The Fidelity Financial Health Assessment provides insights on a user’s overall financial health in 5 areas.
Financial health assessments include:
- Savings & Investment
- Income Protection
- Estate Planning
- Caring for Family
4. When to Retire: A Quick and Easy Planning Guide by Fisher Investments
What is the purpose of this planning guide? It helps readers determine the right time for retirement. It contains information that is suitable for people with at least $500,000 in their financial portfolio.
Readers will learn:
- The Distinctions Between Cashflow and Income
- How to Develop a Plan to Achieve Retirement Goals
- How to Determine Objectives, Retirement Timelines and Financial Goals
5. Fidelity myPlan Snapshot
What is the purpose of this tool? It provides users with a projection of their retirement assets. Users must input basic information including annual income, annual savings and total investment portfolio.
- Gives a Financial Snapshot in Seconds
- Provides Retirement Tips and Strategies Based on Your Financial Goals
- Users Create a Detailed Retirement Plan Using the Results
About Corporate Counsel Women of Color (CCWC)
Are you a woman of color who is looking for strategies to take your career to the next level? Corporate Counsel Women of Color (CCWC) is a not-for-profit organization that promotes global diversity and the careers of more than 4,500 women of color attorneys. Learn more about becoming a member of CCWC.
Already a member? Upgrade your membership to Premier status. Benefits include discounts on executive education programs, CCWC conference discounts, free CLE and more. Explore the CCWC Premier Membership today.
Want more information about saving for retirement? The following resources can help you set and achieve your retirement goals.
- The Ultimate Retirement Guide for 50+: Winning Strategies to Make Your Money Last a Lifetime by Suze Orman
- How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free: Retirement Wisdom That You Won’t Get From Your Financial Advisors by Ernie Zelinski
- Your Complete Guide to a Successful and Secure Retirement by Larry E. Swedroe and Kevin Grogan
©Corporation Counsel Women of Color. All Rights Reserved. To license this article, contact email@example.com