CORPORATE COUNSEL WOMEN OF COLOR® was formed by Laurie N. Robinson Haden, Esq. in 2004 to provide a support network to in-house women attorneys of color and to promote the national and international advancement of women of color in the legal profession and workplace.
In recognition of the fact that women of color face unique challenges, particularly with respect to the glass ceiling, other institutional barriers, and minimized opportunities to form networks with those of similar interests and backgrounds, the organization seeks to remedy these problems by investing in its members and advocating for diversity.
CORPORATE COUNSEL WOMEN OF COLOR’S® mission is to:
- Facilitate dialogue discussions with law firms, companies and corporations in an effort to heighten awareness and to emphasize the importance of diversity.
- Unite in-house women attorneys of color around the nation and abroad.
- Provide substantive programming to in-house women attorneys of color geared toward career development, leadership and success.
- Provide a vehicle for gathering and sharing information collectively regarding career advancement.
- Expand and maximize the base of the world’s leading attorneys.
- Improve all aspects of diversity in the legal profession and workplace.
CORPORATE COUNSEL WOMEN OF COLOR’S® vision is to contribute significantly to the goal of diversity. To accomplish this goal, the organization endeavors to:
- Provide consciousness to issues pertaining to diversity in the legal profession.
- Promote and support the advancement of in-house women attorneys of color to general counsel, senior executive, and chief executive officer positions.
- Facilitate the placement of in-house women attorneys of color on corporate boards.
- Provide outreach and mentoring to the pipeline of law students and law firm associates of color.
- Strive toward the goal of global unity and inclusion.